Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Nice Car Photo Shop photos

'Tis the Season', United States, New York, New York City, East Village
car photo shop
Image by WanderingtheWorld (www.LostManProject.com)
Portfolio | Travel Blog | Tumblr | Youtube |Contact Me
Below is an excerpt from my travel blog. Cheers.
Shopping for a Christmas Tree is a little different in New York City than in most places. You can't just pull your car up to tree farm, cut down a tree and haul a pine smelling bundle away to be decorated. It is however a tradition and fun never-the-less. It's great walking through these Christmas Tree Stations in the city. The smell is nostalgic. It's getting to be that time of the year again. I snapped this photo in the East Village.

I've been following a lot of the geographic photo based applications made available as of recently. One of the more well known applications is Google's street view application on their maps. Basically you can zoom into a particular area in the world and more than likely you'll have the option to view the street. Google has accomplished this feat by sending out a fleet of cars rigged with cameras. People, however, are attacking Google in light of the recent privacy scare. One ridiculous case which makes me laugh is a privacy lawsuit against Google which was recently settled for the amount of .00. A couple (ironically named Christine and Aaron Boring) apparently decided to sue Google for driving down their private road. The 'Boring' couple even applied to appeal the Supreme Court but were denied. The freedom to sue whoever you feel like is never abused here in the United States of America. The article is here if you're interested.

I shot this last year, having just started out in HDR I didn't grab the right amount of tonal range and as a result the trees in some areas are blown out. Trial and error:).


My past cars - the LeSabre
car photo shop
Image by churl
I can't believe that I never put up my 'glamor photos' of the cars of my life. It's entirely surprising. So, here they are! Normally, I blur out the license plate, but considering the plate expired about 7 years ago, I'm not very concerned.

This is my brother's Buick LeSabre Custom, 1990. When I broke my leg, I needed transportation, and somewhere along the line, I just ended up keeping it. I think that by the time I was done with it, my brother had already moved to NYC.

There was rust damage all over, as is expected for any car driven in Michigan. Otherwise, the body wasn't bad. There was some trim damage, and also the big dent in the rear bumper where I backed into a lampost (DOH).

Over the course of driving it, I did the following: new right front rim and control arm due to hitting a curb, lens tape to rear taillight from rear collision, completely rebuilt transmission, replaced brake lines x 2, exhaust pipe repair, battery, taillight electric work, headlight bulbs, 4 new tires x 2 (the wheels were repaired or replaced so often that I had the shop remove the hubcaps)... I think that's it. All in all, a lot of money went into the car, but it served well during med school.

What you can't see in this picture is that there is also a big burn on the front fender from where I hit the power line for the house. It burned straight to the metal.

The straw that broke the camel's back was the alternator. It gave out stranding me at exit 1 on US 23 just on the Michigan side. I went to the Honda dealership 2 days later and picked out an Accord. Best decision I ever made.

I gave my brother the old plate for it. I kept the stuff in the glove box and also the coin holder. I offered it to Gene, but he turned it down! It's actually in my current car now.


Car bits
car photo shop
Image by Rusty Sheriff


Project Conquer My Camera - Day 20 - Photo 128
car photo shop
Image by kenjipunzalan {http://www.kenginapunzalan.com}
at the car waiting

on our way to al mana tower, my mom called and asking if we're at home coz she wanted to see giro. after telling her that we're in al mana tower for a walk she said to wait for them... and we did, we waited for them in the car.

this sets of photo was all using the popup flash using the concept thought by sir richard the other night.

Project: "CONQUER MY CAMERA"

A challenge for myself if I can control my camera. For the next 30 days, I will post photos directly from my camera. No post processing only watermark. The rules for this project are listed below:

1. No Post Processing or whatever.
2. Only watermark is allowed to be added to each photo.
3. Atleast one photo a day should be uploaded.
4. Title for each photo will be "Project Conquer My Camera - Day No. - Photo No."

Settings:

Flash: popup
Shutter: 0.5s
Aperture: ƒ/2.8
ISO: 640
Treatment: Resize to my normal uploading resolution and watermark


Cars, carts and Inns
car photo shop
Image by qnr

1 comment:

  1. Using Car Rental 8 you can find affordable car rental at over 50000 international locations.

    ReplyDelete