Friday, April 5, 2013

Cool Zen Car Photo images

Tagged v2
zen car photo
Image by pasukaru76
I've been tagged again, this time by redrickshaw.

The rules of the game: if you're tagged, upload a photo saying you were tagged, put 10 random facts about yourself into the description, and tag 10 other people by adding them to the photo.

So, since this is my second time, I get to tag another 10 people. If you don't want to play, feel free to ignore this!

Here's the next round of 10 random facts about me:

1. My favorite color is black.

2. I spend too much money on my two favorite hobbies, Lego and photography.

3. I have a driver's license, but don't own a car and don't like to drive.

4. I love cold weather. Summer is not my season.

5. I enjoy Zen mondos like: What are the teachings of a lifetime? -- An appropriate statement.

6. I'm a science fiction guy, but it needs to have a convincing (pseudo)science background. This means I don't like Star Trek much.

7. I eat at a local Greek restaurant once a week. Yum.

8. A couple of friends and I organize and run two-week trips for teenagers during the Summer holidays. I've been doing that for 13 years now. Exhausting but fun. Pictures from the 2009 summer camp are in this set.

9. I have a diploma in computer science from the university of Bremen.

10. I'm a little scared of spiders, but I like to take photos of them.


Untitled 1
zen car photo
Image by Cyril Abad
3ème photo d'une série de 10, série qui ne portera pas de nom pour laisser libre cours à toute interprétation.

L'idée de commencer par celle-ci m'amusait. C'est un petit peu comme si on venait de prendre un film en cours et qu'on ne comprend rien parce que l'on a raté le début...



Personnages :

Elle : Barbara Rezette

Lui : Jean Gérald Dorseuil



Assistants plateau & lumière :

Eddy Teariki Marti

Renaud Dumon



Making Off

Zen K (petite promo pour la demoiselle car j'adore son univers :http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9jth3_ma-cafetiere-clip-2008-zen-k_music )... ma préférée!



Idée et réalisation :

Cyril Abad

Copyright © Cyril Abad Photography 2011 l Tous droits réservés.

Remerciements

Je voulais remercier tout d'abord la propriétaire des lieux, Sophie Charlotte.

Nathalie et sa brocante pour nous avoir prêté pas mal d'accessoires.


Innocently adamant!
zen car photo
Image by Nagesh Kamath
Children in a family are like flowers in a bouquet: there's always one determined to face in an opposite direction from the way the arranger desires ~Marcelene Cox

This is another snap of Rishi. Rishi is the son of Vikram and Divya, colleagues and friends of mine.

This one is at Kaivara. Kaivara is a small town near Kolar. Narayanappa or Kaivara Thatayya as he is better known is the "Nostradamus" of Karnataka. More details on Kaivara can be got from this snap of mine.

View LARGE - you will like it better :)

The story behind the title
We decided to go to Kaivara on the spur of the moment one day and VIkram and fly joined in. Vikram had driven down to my place in his Maruti Zen. When leaving to Kaivara, I suggested that we carpool and that we take my Skoda Octavia instead given that we are 4 + Rishi and I was not sure how comfy the roads would be.

Now Rishi just adores their Zen (he calls it the EN car as the letter Z has fallen off from the car's name :)) and I guess all of us had not expected the outburst that followed on our decision to leave the "EN" behind!! The seriousness of the outburst and the resulting foul mood ensured that we ditched all plans of using the Octavia and hurriedly made our way back to the "EN"!

I wonder what other stage of our lives are we so "Innocently adamant" about such things!! :)


typographic tour of chicago part 2: morton salt factory (1/3)
zen car photo
Image by _nickd
(best viewed large, natch)
(for kate)

i grew up on the northwest side, and whenever we'd go downtown, my parents would drive down 90/94, the midwest's busiest thoroughfare, flanking the elston industrial corridor. i always took as symbolic reminder that You Are Entering The City™ when i saw the morton salt plant, its iconic roof painted with many designs over the years, always eye-catching.

i now bike past there on my way to work, down elston avenue itself, every day. it's certainly worth mentioning this place, especially in comparison to morton salt's actual packaging.

as mentioned on that shot, the face on morton's packaging looks very urgent and assertive. but on this building, the different face gains the transparent non-meaning of many humanist sans faces.

the face here is a bit condensed, and the roman has a few cursive letters (notably "a") that the italic lacks: interestingly, the opposite from normal.

moment of zen: contrast this with the eighties-sci-fi bank gothic-esque "PROCOR" on the train car.

moment of zen II: contrast both of those with the graffiti on the same train car.


July 1 - Welcome Home
zen car photo
Image by cavale
July 1

We arrived in the early morning after a long drive down a country road in the pitch darkness with one gas station and a quarter tank of gas. We spent the night in the car, because I was so sleep-deprived by the time we got there that I was seeing things.

In the morning, we tried to hike up with a big group of people, but with our packs and our sleeping bag and our drum and my hula hoop, I just couldn't handle it and I didn't even make it out of the parking lot. We lightened our load and started hiking our way up, but luckily some people came by in a van and offered us a ride. We met April, her husband (whose name I can't remember) and fifteen month old Ocean with the most beautiful blue eyes, Zen smile, and chill demeanor I've ever encountered.

Then we hiked an EXTREMELY steep hill and set up camp right on the edge of Main Meadow. We went in search of food, and Shut Up And Eat It was serving delicious fucking chicken pot pie.

After Main Circle, we experienced our first Angel Walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment