Monday, April 29, 2013

Nice Car Spy Photo photos

'From The Gapstow Bridge' United States, New York, New York City, Central Park, Central Park Pond, Gapstow Bridge View
car spy photo
Image by WanderingtheWorld (www.LostManProject.com)
Portfolio | Travel Blog | Tumblr | Youtube |Contact Me
Below is an excerpt from my travel blog. Cheers.

My Uncle let me borrow his bike for a few weeks. Biking IS the fastest way to get around New York City. Sure, you have to weave in and out of traffic, watch for opening doors, erratic cab cars.... but it's what makes it fun. I was zipping through Central Park last night, when I spied a view of the skyline. The Gapstow Bridge overlooks the Central Park Pond and has a great view of the New York City skyline.

I've recently been exploring the old ways of filters and film cameras as I study some of the old masters and their techniques. I find HDR to not always be the best method for capturing certain photos. For instance, in the photo above, I took 3 exposures and tonemapped them in Photomatix. The result looked too cartoonish. I've been finding HDR to be not be very life-like and rather unflattering at times. HDR, in the view above, brought the greens and yellows back in the trees. When I sat there on the bridge last night, the green in the trees was not visible to my eyes. The green of the trees took away from the vibrant greens of the grass in the light casted by the lamps and as a whole caused the photo to be too colorful. The photo above is mostly done by masking in Photoshop. HDR, although fun and different, isn't always the best method for capturing a scene.


89 Total (This Doesn't Show Them All)
car spy photo
Image by ~Dezz~
1. Ending of the Day, 2. Incoming Tide, 3. Under the Light, 4. Rose Bud, 5. White & Blue, 6. Relaxing Buck, 7. Flying High, 8. Dancing Nettles,

9. Through the leaves, 10. Florence Fireworks, 11. Liquid Links, 12. Lavender Bearded Iris, 13. Old Car, 14. Rainbow Smoke, 15. On the Rebound, 16. Footprints in the Sand,

17. Liquid Gold, 18. Crater Lake, Oregon, 19. Wizard Island in the Distance, 20. Lightin' Up the Sky, 21. Manito Rose, 22. All Lined Up, 23. Passing Over, 24. Blue Eyes,

25. I Spy in That Frog's Eye...., 26. Wrong Flower, 27. Laying Low, 28. Grasping Daddy's Finger, 29. Rainbow Reflections, 30. Rusty Reflections, 31. Almost a Total Eclipse, 32. Reflections of Connections,

33. What a Rush!, 34. One More Sunflower, 35. Hummingbird, 36. Finally Feeding, 37. Friendly Frog, 38. Sweet Treat, 39. He Landed, 40. Teeth,

41. Reflecting Beauty, 42. Out of the Blue, 43. Daisy Bed, 44. Seagull, 45. Tranquility, 46. Siuslaw River Sunset - HDR, 47. Disneyworld Sunset, 48. Just Two,

49. Sea Nettles, 50. Bearded Iris, 51. Peeking Through, 52. A Closer Look, 53. Standing Out, 54. Moonlight Reflections, 55. Rose Reflections.., 56. Anemone Droplets..,

57. I Found my NUTS!!!, 58. Multnomah Falls, 59. Golden Ocean, 60. Flower Power, 61. Dock at Sunset - Orton, 62. Three in the Sky, 63. Notes, 64. Bubblegum, Bubblegum - In a Dish...,

65. Sparkle in Her Eye - HDR, 66. Hillbilly Fishy..., 67. Reflections of the Heavens - HDR, 68. Grand Canyon - HDR, 69. HDR Sunset on the Beach.., 70. Whatchoo Lookin' At?, 71. Orange and Blue..., 72. Orange Again

Created with fd's Flickr Toys.


Add your own suffix - 45/365
car spy photo
Image by Jared G
I was at a loss for a photo for today. I wandered around outside. I took pictures of cars going by. I knew better to try any more still life-like shots against the damn red wall. Morale was low.

I was looking at this shelf in the apartment and I spied this old fortune stuck in a paper holder the girl gave me for (I think) our first anniversary.

I don't imagine I've always done all I could to make things happy and harmonious, but I'm happy for what I've made with you. Happy Valentine's Day, pretty.

(dsc_6973_1)


Project365 - Day 44 - Feb 13, 2010
car spy photo
Image by Sandro Cuccia
Posted via email from Sandro's Digital Life

Driving around with my wife in Hockessin, Delaware just looking for some photo ops ... I spied this locomotive sitting behind an old depot which has now been turned into a daycare center. Very large pieces of machinery fascinate me, and train cars, cabooses and locomotives are no exception.
This was as close as I could get without jumping the fence. No problem ... I let my feet zoom in as close as possible, then I added some optical zoom to my G10.

Later, in the digital darkroom - Lightroom and Photoshop CS4 - I converted the image to black and white. Again, this inherently contrasty scene works better in black-and-white.

Camera: Canon PowerShot G10, 1/250 sec @ f/8, ISO 100

No comments:

Post a Comment